Sunday, January 30, 2022

I Hadn't But I Will

 I hadn't been collecting this before...


I have had a few cards from 2002-03 Upper Deck Vintage come and go through my hands. Liked it, though the yellow background fronts could have used a little sprucing up. I kept my Leafs, let the rest go, but it was never in any great number.


That however changed today as I have a solid start on the set, and with the set being 350 cards, a manageable start.

I hope none of the cards I let leave will be ones I want back, but I can live with that if it happens.


Though the design of course is different a year later than 2001-02 Upper Deck VIntage, which I started to try and work on not too long ago, the card stock is nice and thick, and though I am not a huge fan of the fronts, it is still a nice set.


A decent double image front makes up for no image on the back...will show some of those tomorrow..yes, I spot more of the set coming soon!


The toned down subsets excite me a bit more for design. I mean, I'm a numbers guy so throw a nice big number on the front of a card, and it gets my attention!


The stats leaders cards are niceloy done in getting multiple players on without it feeling smushed. Of corse you also get the rookie section because everyone loves a good rookie!


I on the other hand, will always love a good Leaf addition.

I happened to have one card in my for trade pile from this set, and of course, that made this one a dupe. Go figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment