Thursday, December 17, 2015

Dollarama-rama

So in Canada we don't have nearly the choice of cards when it comes to dollar stores and the like. Typically you can find one of three items at dollar stores; 15 random hockey cards for $1, PressTine surprise bag/box packages for $2, or sometimes, team specific and set specific packs of 5 cards for $1.25.

I do like these 5 card packs when I don't have any cards from the set as I can usually pick up two or three packs of Toronto cards and get a good start on the team set.  Recently I picked up two packs of 2015-16 O-Pee-Chee Toronto packs and here are a few highlight pictures:



I generally like the simplicity of the O-Pee-Chee cards from the last few years, and I like the extra splash of colour on the backs with the Toronto blue as it adds a nice accent. The packs are also nice because at a glance you can tell from the front and back card whether the packs are different (of the 30 or so packs there, there were only two different sets of five). So, at least it is easy to ensure no repeats. So - 10 cards down, and at a glance appears about 10-15 more to go for the team set!

3 comments:

  1. I wish they still sold baseball cards. Call me odd but I miss opening packs of repacks with cards from the 80s and 90s..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed, it would be nice to have dollar store baseball card selection..

    ReplyDelete