Thursday, August 17, 2023

Not Quite Identical

 All hockey from the card lot today - something that may come up a lot as it appears to be a good section of random assorted hockey, so let's go for today...


I may not collect a lot of SPx sets, but they were always a little flashy if you liked that in a set. This one may be a little more subdued, but you can still catch the flash in the scanned copies.


Better scans that Quest for the Cup. They always scan too dark, and honestly, even in hand, I always found they are a tone too dark. I get the foiling and such, but black diamond and metal sets do it much better.


We end with a couple 2003-04 Pacific Crown Royale cards which, at first may have looked the same. On closer look, you can see the foining of the name and logo at the bottom are different. I am guessing this may have been missed by whoever had the lot previously because...

I would have expected the serial numbered blue parallel to have maybe been removed. I'll take it though as a nice SN card is a good hit and addition for me. Now, I may not be a fan of these small difference parallels because, well, if you are going to do a colour variation, make it the whole border or something, but still works for me.


2 comments:

  1. I definitely would have missed the different colored foil. You'd think they'd make a little more effort to differentiate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It always bugs me when the parallels are so small in difference that you can't tell at a quick glance, but to my benefit here I guess.

      Delete