Thursday, August 24, 2023

Solo Bender

I know, it sounds like a sad tale of a night of drinking alone, but in fact it's a mash up of two TCDB members with which I traded and can share with you now - definitely much better. 

First, from FreehanSolo, we have some Finest Blue Jays covering a few different years.


I can at least say that the designs now, are much more familiar to me since I have come across a lot more of the cards in the COVID lot, though nice to pick up some Jays since those have been, for the most part, MIA in what I have had to go through.

The second PWE trade is with TCDB member abendermsu who sent across some nice wrestling and more Jays cards.

I am not a fan of Chronicles sets, but being a fan of wrestling supersedes that, so, there you go.

From the Jays, the Delgado card is a one and done insert Jays set as it's from 1993-94 Classic Images Four Sport - Sudden Impact. The colouring, which I think is done purposely as a gold-ish foiling, just makes it look more like a photo from the 70s on an old polaroid. Still, a one and done is fun.

For look of the card though, I'd go with Bo.

Either way, two nice PWE trades which bring a good number of keepers and Jays for the collection - many thanks to each accordingly!

1 comment:

  1. The 50th anniversary Chacin card always reminds me of the Tom Seaver from that set that oddly lists him as a shortstop.

    ReplyDelete