Sunday, October 8, 2023

New Hockey Set Help

 I think this is about as "new" as the cards get with the COVID lot, into 2018-19 - series one to be specific. Not sure there's been much newer, and that's alright as this is a set I am slowly building as well, and today, rather than the 100 or so traders, going to show the keepers with the traders all on my TCDB list for those interested.


I am a big fan of arenas (or baseball diamonds for baseball), so this set really stands out for me because of the slight change in the camera angle so that the background in many shots isn't so much the ice and other players on it, but more so into the crowd and the arena. Action shots with other players...nice....background being more than just white ice but instead crowd....even sweeter!


I still think a bit better wite up for use of the space where stats are small would be good, but a decent enough back design.


It's amazing how much more imposing Danny looks in that photo, just by dropping the camera down a bit and having it angled up onto him.


As much as I generally don't mind alternative jersey's Andrew Ladd's shown for the Islanders just doesn't work for me. At all.


See my comments regarding Danny above, and stress it 10 times more with that Mika photo - amazing shot.



As I mentioned, all these are series 1 additions, and no Young Guns which isn't a surprise, but a great bunch of additions overall. Many have dupes now on the trade list too if anyone else is building out this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment