Friday, October 20, 2023

Trevor Leafs

 As mentioned yesterday, Trevor was kind enough to throw in a whole bunch of Leaf cards as he knows I will take any and all duplicates, etc. So, though none of the cards today are new for me collection, some duplicates help with sets and the rest, help with my total Leaf collection.


That Vaive is definitely a great quality upgrade to the one I have - sweet! When we get to 1990-91 Pro Set, I definitely have a bunch of each, but a few more don't hurt. Same can be said about 1990-91 Upper Deck, though I still have a couple hologram versions I am missing, but didn't luck out with these ones in that way.



I still remember picking up the 1991-92 O Pee Chee Box set for $12 at a flea market back when it was new. Definitely a great investment since, when I happened to get a second, I was able to sell it a few years ago for $20! Not bad for a 20+ year investment....(note the sarcasm).



Still like the 25th Anniversary Series Sittler as I don't have the original yet to which it gives homage.


We end with some 1991-92 Topps which look identical to the O Pee Chee from the same year, save the Topps logo.

A great bunch of classics from my childhood, but Trevor wasn't done there...more to share tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I think the Leafs have some of the sharpest looking cards in the 1990-91 Upper Deck set, the borders blend perfectly with the blue-and-white uniform.

    Also I've been really focused on picking up early-mid 1980s hockey like the Vaive at the top of this post. I doubt I'll ever attempt a(other) set build but you never know.

    ReplyDelete