Sunday, February 27, 2022

Out With A Whimper

Today marks the last day of going through the 20 in 20 Lot that I picked up in or around August 2020 I believe, and though we go out with a whimper, it was a good run, well worth the money.


Just one keeper from the cards today, and it's a single uncorrected error card, so a good add for me regardless.

The rest include the first baseball Prism cards I believe, to come from the lot, and then a run of basketball we are use to seeing here, and some unneeded hockey inbetween.






The basketball print run cards are still neat - been a while since we saw some, though there were a few earlier on in the lot.


So, to wrap up, let's compare it to the Santa Lot final figures for comparative purposes...


I will say, the Santa Lot paid for itself, whereas this lot won't do it the same way. The 20 in 20 Lot was almost twice as big for just about the same price though, and considering the fact that I had narrowed down what I was collecting, the fact I am keeping about 27% compared to 28% of the Santa Lot is pretty telling.

Though the Toronto cards were on pat given the larger lot, the inserts/parallels, etc were more plentiful, in large part because there was a significant part of the 1992 Topps Gold parallel set here that I kept.

A little more variety in the "other" items, and overall higher mix of the sports I do collect, and I'd put the 20 in 20 Lot as being just as good as the Santa Lot - better from a "keeping/collecting" standpoint, though financially not as rewarding.

That's okay though, I'm not in it for the investing, so yay for this lot and a fun time going through it.

Next up, a shorter go through as I am going to spent the next couple weeks detailing some cards I got from Jeff Scott who is a reader here - and apologies Jeff, you got these to me in December, but I wanted to not only get the 20 in 20 Lot done first, but thought my busy season would be a good time to go through them, because you usually have a bunch of interesting, varied, and awesome stuff to provide for me to keep, and otherwise, trade to turn into Bruins for you.

Let's start that to end February.


6 comments:

  1. Going to miss going through the lots

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not to worry....there will be more I am sure. :)

      Delete
  2. It's hard to believe that you got everything from these lots onto the blog!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to think of it as a cheap way to entertain myself, enjoy the collection and process just a little bit more too.

      Delete
  3. I too will miss seeing what you got, but it seems it was a successful purchase, so congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely a success. When I consider what $100 would get you in new cards compared to lots like this - I'd take a lot any day....though it is nice to open new packs now and then.

      Delete