Saturday, May 28, 2016

15 for $1 - Can't get that at McDonald's

What you could, over the years, get at McDonald's were the following:

I picked up another 6 pack of McDonald's cards on Listia - they seem to never disappoint. Other than the obvious Leaf card, the Walter Gretzky one is a nice pick up and design as well.

One place I was at was Dollarama for a few small items and as always, I take a quick peek at the hockey cards there in case there is anything worth while. I had the bug for picking up a quick pack so looked for one that would add something to my collection. That said, I came away with the following 15 cards for $1....


Got it - have this set in a box, as many do I'm sure...


As I've said, I'm not interested in the junior sets, so not one I need...


I have this set as well, also in boxed form, so not needed, but a nice card regardless...


Another boxed set I have, but I have one other double from the set, well, now two of the same double....


Last one that was a duplicate, though I don't have much of this set, I happened to have this one....


The good - A nice card that I didn't have - the bad - I don't exactly like Montreal and the best highlight of Patrick's career to me, was his final game for Montreal when he was shelled by Detroit and left the ice to never play for the team again...ah, good times....


A nice insert in the base set design by Parkhurst...


The start of the Coyotes - Jet unis before the Coyotes could be shown in uniform I believe...


Only my second card from the set. Solid card design, but not a big fan of the silver border on a base set...


First card from the set - Tommy had a solid career and a great Swede goalie...


A familiar set to this blog, but a card I hadn't yet pulled, so that's a good thing!


As decent as the 2009-10 O Pee Chee front design is - gotta love tha someone like Rod has all 19 years shown in the stats on the back - I love that about this set...


I haven't specifically gotten into newer sets because there is so much that is new for me that is old to everyone else...

The best of the 15 cards though are....

I picked up the pack due to the Hejda parallel card, and got lucky enough to get a Leaf within.

A decent pack all in, again for all of a dollar....






2 comments:

  1. Nice pickup. I miss those old Jets uniforms/logos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some definite nice ones that should be missed - unlike say, the yellow and purple kings uniform which may be retro but is still awful...

      Delete