Friday, May 27, 2016

Kellogg's Card

So just back from a couple nights with the family at Great Wolf Lodge in Niagara Falls (I know you missed me! Ok - I know that you didn't even have the chance to tell since I didn't bring it up and don't like disclosing trips away until they are over - yes, I am just that paranoid). For anyone with kids (mine are currently 5 and 2), it is a fun time and if water fun is the key for everyone, one night is fine, but if you enjoy the arcade, mini golf, MagiQuest, etc, two nights is a must. With our 5 year old, assuming he would enjoy the MagiQuest game, which is essentially a live play game where you go around the main part of the hotel with a wand, finding, pointing, and interacting with objects, we stayed two nights. Yeah - all in, I think he spent about 4-5 hours playing MagiQuest...so worthwhile, and with the amount of walking involved, I got my exercise between that and the water so I am good for 2016.

With that aside discussed, one other related point - being away a couple days meant a small backlog of mail, and to this regard, here are a couple Listia pick ups first that were awaiting my arrival home.


I did not have this pack for my collection, and since the listing was for two, I now have one to keep, and one to open here at a later time...

In a separate auction of 2013-2014 Upper Deck base cards, I picked up the following 6 cards even though I already have the Leaf cards because I do like the look, and they went for cheap.


Lastly aone off auction card that I had to get as it is new to me and as a jersey card, would always like to pick these up.

A plain piece of jersey, but my first card from the 2006-07 Ultra insert set.

So that catches me up on the mail, now onto today's Santa Lot 20...

Have to love cards with food products. Well, the highlight today is from early 90s Kellogg's card set, and Brian Leetch is a pretty decent player too!

Highlights:


Lowlight:

I'll continue to hold on to these advertisement cards for now, atleast until I get through the entire Santa Lot 20 purchase to see what I have, and how many.

The rest
Keepers:

Not too many keepers, but continued completion of sets seen.

Traders:

Speaking of continuing to get cards from sets we have seen - more basketball 2007-08 Topps and 2004 SP Authentic as both tic closer to completion (though still have a ways to go).

Specific Accomplishments (through 2380 cards):
- Completed 2007-08 Upper Deck McDonald's Checklist Subset (6 cards)
Hockey Baseball Basketball Football Austin Powers ET Star Wars Rocky KISS Clue
Toronto 45 5
Inserts / Var Kept 90 4
Error 11 1
Keep 674 77
Doubles/Sell 228 13 452 457 226 8 5 2 3 1
Doubles Inserts / Var 17 24 37

No comments:

Post a Comment