Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Bringing the ice

The Jays really need to bring the rain if they want to reign at the end of the series with Cleveland - one win down and three more they have to pull off. I would never count them out, but it is uphill. I expected they would win game 4 - just couldn't see them being swept - but the real test is game 5....

The title refers to some of the keepers you'll see later, but for now, a Listia interlude before we get to the normal fair.

2002-03 Bowman YoungStars - a set I have only seen one card from, so when I saw three cards on Listia (one being a Leaf) I figured, better get while I could which is why I picked up these:

Much nicer than the dinged one I had before though the other was a higher numbered and thicker stock (so I assume the thick stock is for certain higher numbered cards).

Definitely a different design with the black border, but since it isn't overdone, I kinda like it here.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program...let's go to today's single highlight...

Highlight:

This is the second card I have of the 2003-04 SPx Mats Sundin. I like the design, and actually thinking about it, I think the design would be a great one for a jersey card - instead of the reflective picture on the left, if there was a large piece of jersey, that would make an awesome card.

The rest
Keepers:

A couple late 1990s Gold Reserve upper deck cards - still confusing that these are their own set rather than a parallel to the normal upper deck set for the year, but unless someone knows something different, that is what I understand them to be - stand alone sets. The 2005-06 Black Diamond set keeps going, now closing in on 30% or so - slow going, but consistent.

It's been a while since we had some Ice set cards, or atleast this many, but good ones here - I like the Sedin and Modano most personally.

Traders:

Hey - an interesting checklist from 1991 7th Inning Sketch. Interesting because it is card number 77 which lists cards 1-100. Curious on why it is card 77 instead of 100 or 101...

Through 4520 cards:
Specific Accomplishments:
- Complete 2003-04 SP Authentic Basketball (90 card pure base)
- Complete 2007-08 UD McDonald's Hockey Checklist Subset (6 cards)
- 1973-74 O-Pee-Chee Hockey #30 Bobby Orr (All-Star)
- 2004-05 Upper Deck Legends Classics Platinum Hockey #64 Marcel Dionne 06/10
- 2007-08 Topps 1957-58 Variations Basketball  #112 Kevin Durant (Rookie)
Hockey Baseball Basketball Football Austin Powers Other
Toronto 87 8
Inserts / Var Kept 135 9
Error 11 1
Keep 1131 142
Doubles/Sell 522 27 931 1107 236 19
Doubles Inserts / Var 43 1 53 57

No comments:

Post a Comment