Thursday, February 8, 2024

Adjusting

 Back to the COVID lot today with a bunch of baseball cards from the 90s to take a look at.


Just a couple cards for keeps from the lot, and both are uncorrected error cards. As for the rest below, all up for trade...


I didn't scan all the cards, but most of them are here. Other than some 1993 Bowman - nice to get Junior in the mix there -  we have later 1990s Topps sets. As expected, you can see a bit of adjustment to the layout of the cards by Topps in the flagship set from 1998 to 1999. At the time, the gold(ish) border was used, but thankfully they learned that the way the name was done on the 1998 cards well, sucked, and improved it for the 1999 set. I find '98 hard to read, and as much as the gold(ish) border stands out, I wasn't a fan of it being the main set colour - glad it moved to being a parallel over time.


The Chrone set was what you would expect, and then the Opening Day set, with the grey, looks much better in my opinion, and is part of why I am trying to finish the Opening Day set instead of flagship for 1999.

1 comment:

  1. I feel it's rare, but sometimes opening day is better. My favorite being the 2011 set.

    ReplyDelete