Monday, February 12, 2024

Newer Legends

A fun bunch of cards from the COVID lot today as we get some older stars on some relatively, newer cards. I may not have needed too many of the cards below, but really like a lot of the sets here. 



I am only a few cards short on the set, but 2008-09 Upper Deck Masterpieces is one of my faourite sets, so any time I see cards from it, I'm happy. It's definitely the best set to me, that has no stats on the back.

Heck, when the subject matter is legends and stars of the past, I can let go a lot. I mean, I am never going to collect it, but I can appreciate the Montreal Canadiens set and getting another Yvon card for trade.


Greats of the Game is a decent set from Fleer focused on past stars, but 2006-07 Parkhurst is the one I am working on from those cards above.



Sometimes it isn't full sets but subsets within the base set which give a quick highlight to a legend. This is what was done with 1991-92 O Pee Chee with the Guy tribute cards, and even Score from the same year. I have both sets complete, so none of these are for me, but still nice cards and highlighting a great player.

Here are the cards I am keeping from today...

Highlighted by a Toronto Kraft card which is a great little pick up, happy to get a few more additions for the 2006-07 Parkhurst build as well. May not be a lot of cards, but pretty nice stars....even that Gordie Howe card. May be from the mid-90s, but you get a great quality card with a retro look for a "retro" star.

No comments:

Post a Comment