Wednesday, August 28, 2019

The Jays Portion

A couple more days worth of cards for show out of the box that Jeff sent along to me in our trade. Today - a whole bunch of Jays. Truth be told - none of these are new for my collection, but that's not what it was about, it was about continuing to add numbers to the Jays collection.

I won't say I am looking to collect a million Jays - I don't think I'd have the funds for buying a second house to store them in - but we start with baby steps!



Added a bunch of late 80s - early 90s Jays, including three full additional sets of...



One of my favourite little Jays sets - McDonald MVP Jays 6 card set. These are, in a nutshell, the face of the Jays World Series wins from '92 and '93.

Speaking of McDonalds cards...



Another set I have complete and done in my collection already, but nice memories and nice cards.



This set, I actually even have a complete one in the original box on one of my shelves - really like it, and enjoy this set, especially for the last few cards...



The Skydome and Trophy cards are awesome. Then we get into some dupes of Leaf cards...



Okay, guess I lied because these three cards are new - and finish this 4 card set...


These are out of a nice 4 card Mr. Sub set about Roger Clemens and his time with the Jays. Roger was never a guy I loved - too much hating him when he was with Boston. He did well in Toronto during his short stint here, but I wasn't too sad to see him go.

Tomorrow we end by, in a way continuing. We had a bunch of McDonalds cards here that were Jays related - tomorrow, some more McD, but not so much of the Jays...a change in sport in fact...


1 comment: