Sunday, October 2, 2022

Football Fan Converts

 Today's trade recap is with TCDB member 49ants who was nice enough to offer up taking some baseball cards and converting them to Leafs, but not just any random smattering of Leafs, but we get a couple decent team sets completed here too.


Ellett, dab smack in the middle, was the last 1993-94 O Pee Chee Premier card that I needed to complete the Leaf set of 24 cards. Always a nice pick up as I can take the team cards, stick them in a nice 25 card plastic cube and add them to my completed team displays.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention the amazingly beautiful Potvin Select overhead photo - fantastic.


Middle left here, Matt Martin was the last of the 27 base Leaf cards for my team set of 1993-94 Score Canadian, another sweet complete team done.

You'll notice, the base cards are the ones finishing off some team sets, but plenty of parallels here which knock some work on those sets as well, which is always awesome too!

We end with all (except one), remaining Leaf base cards from 1996-97 Metal Universe. These scans came out about as good as I can get them, and they are definitely interesting in hand - very Black Diamond-esque.

Appreciate the very successful trade with 49ants and look forward to more opportunities to trade in the future!

2 comments:

  1. That 1994-95 Select Potvin is awesome! I actually came across a sample of that card a year or two ago, but never got around to writing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those metal cards. Hope to finish off those sets one day too

    ReplyDelete