Sunday, January 7, 2024

Oren At It Again!

 Today, we get the first of a few days of going through a package of cards which came as a surprise, like a Christmas gift, from reader Oren. Oren's been amazing and sent a number of cards/packages to me which are always much more generous than I can ever be in what I send back his way, and he has done so again. I know whatever I send back, just won't compare with what I am bale to share, but let's take a start at looking through what showed up with the hockey cards first!


Oren sent a nice bunch of cards from a handful of base sets which I may have almost completed, and fully completed, but love getting the additional cards for the collection. Especially 2013-14 Score which I am working on completing as a whole anyway.



2015-16 Upper Deck is another solid flagship design from Upper Deck.


Always love a good Marner card or two, and the Lehtonen Young Gun is another solid card, but it wasn't all just cards that may already be in my collection, and adding to those numbers...


The Auston, Conor and Mitch cards are all new for me - though not sure I can unsee the UD Portrait Mitch Marner card which just looks....weird...lol. The winner from the above cards is definitely the Raycroft which is a one and done Leaf insert set from 2006-07 Upper Deck MVP Last Line of Defense insert set. Raycroft may not have turned out quite as good as Leaf Nation was hoping, but that's a standard line when it comes to players brought into Toronto the last 20-30 years (with some exceptions).

Oh, but the best cards from the Leaf ones sent from Oren...

WOW! Now, the Anthology sets from Panini are not something I have ever considered collecting, but they do a decent job with the various memorabilia, autograph and similar cards, so more than thrilled to have these beauties for my collection.

The Rielly / Biggs large swatches are actually serial numbered to 199 as well, just adds more amazingness to an already wonderful card.

A big thank you Oren...and this is just the beginning!


No comments:

Post a Comment