Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Selecting Football

 A bit of a follow up from yesterday, we get another selection of cards from the COVID lot from a little seen set for myself - 1996 Select Football.


Is it bad that my first thoughts was being thankful that the front headshot wasn't just a close up of the same full photo on the front? I mean, we have all seen some lazy sets and I know we have seen things like that, but///[hew!

I "get" the football design to the left side, but I find it unnecessary as it just takes up too much space.

Anyone know what they are going for with the 12 squared photo design? I mean, is it supposed to be what it would look like on a "big screen" with a 12 panel screen? Why bother to then have the logo box in the bottom left? I just don't get what these are supposed to be showing.

Then - boo stats, I want full, nothing new there, always want career stats....

Next!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting cards; I haven't seen these before. I actually like the leather grain on the left, except that the player's name is hard to read. I also would have liked the cards more if they'd consistently had an action shot on the right and a helmet-less image on the left, like on the Chris Sanders card. The 12 square design on the back? I'm completely with you: ick. They just chopped up some nice images. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete