Saturday, August 1, 2026

Birthday Month Pickups

It's August, and my birthday is a couple weeks away, but I did a little spend over at Pastime Sports. I have purchased from them a few times over the years and they are Canadian - located out in British Columbia. I find they are good for random older packs for my unopened pack collection and the odd cheaper older box here or there, and that about covers what I picked up in this order.


This was the one box pick up. 36 packs of 1991 Swell which is a product I like but haven't had many cards of. Given it's a 150 card base set, and this box provides 36 packs with 10 cards each, I am hoping this means I will have a complete set.

The rest - packs for the unopened pack collection...


I have a good run covered with O Pee Chee, so we get a couple more years covered there, and a Parkhurst 90s pack I didn't have.

The rest are baseball related...


The bookmarks are an amazingly unique pick up to go with some early 90s versions of packs from sets I didn't have highly represented.


The wide variety of look to how packs were done back is the 90s is fantastic and why I collect these. I mean, you get the basic foil with no player, highlights for a player, simple, graphics, just all so coll and different.


Stadium Club packs have been all over the place in design - again, very cool, but very different. Studio at least kept their packs pretty similar year to year.


Later 90s packs are a solid pick up, just outside the "junk" years, a little harder to find these so nice to also see a Fun Pack too.

A solid purchase all around and great additions to the unopened pack collection. I do recommend taking a look at least at their site, never know what interesting pick ups you may find!

5 comments:

  1. I couldn't do it, have packs left unopened. Great collection though. Happy birth month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're able to build a complete set from that box of 1991 Swell Legends. It's a cool looking product. And love all of the new additions to your pack collection. My favorite would be the UD Fun Pack. Another great product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoping to, and Fun Pack is another nice product.

      Delete
  3. Joe keep an eye for those Swell's I need & I'll probably be mailing out your stuff sometime this week or next

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You get first dibs on it, and will be checking while I go through it.

      Delete