We can start with something special - great trades with TCDB members, and today's is one with member Amagee.
The baseball content is all 2024 Topps Archives which as usual, can't decide on a single base set retro design, so we get multiple - yay? I am not sure why Varsho appears to be playing in the street - but that is definitely what it appears to be.
We get a couple more Leaf cards from the pop-up Black's set from the early 90s - I am about 2/3 of the way done on that 24 card set.
The Ultra Doug replaces one I am putting into my error binder as it has a nice heavy crimp across it.
2000 Pacific Aurora was not the Mats card I thought I was getting. Not a big deal at all, but instead of the base, this is the parallel striped version. I don't think the value is anything different really, but a small correction when entering into my collection.
We then add more 2025-26 Timmies Leafs with Tavares being a copy which will go to the set build.
Awesome trade and very special to me, thank you Amagee!
Maybe I should have called it an Authentic post, but either way, we get a chunk of cards from 2022-23 SP Authentic hockey today, and with just over half the pure base set of 100 cards, it would be tempting to collect, but I'm going to show a little restraint.
Oh, Johnny will be staying. First copy of the card for me, and a nice design for what it is. I think I always prefer a full background action shot, but the design isn't overly offensive here.
Using the accent colour being the team colour for the background definitely helps lift these cards from just being on a generic designed black and white nothing. As usaul, a 100 card base set does allow highlighting of mostly all stars or stars of the really good variety.
If you told me the back was from a flagship Upper Deck release, I'd believe you - save for the name being on it, but you get my point. If you like the flagship backs, you should like these. I still want to petition for full stats for the veterans. Heck, get rid of the picture on the back if you need to. I want me some big stat boxes!
A nice almost twinsies ending with very similar goalie cards. A decent bunch, just not for me, so would love to get a solid starter set to anyone interested.
No comments:
Post a Comment