Thursday, July 18, 2024

1992 Fleer Baseball

 Up for today - a one off pack pickup from one of my Pastime Sports orders. I pickup up a few random packs as they were cheap, and we like to open packs - don't really need more of a reason than that.


1992 Fleer is one of the sets I am slowly building and have a long way to go, so for about a buck, 17 cards isn't bad, and who knows, maybe it'll work out well.


Part of liking picking up the old packs, is remembering the wrappers and in most cases, the offers on them. I don't recall ever sending in for any offers, but still like looking back at them.

On to the cards!


Dang - this is a solid pack right from the start as we get two Toronto cards in the pack which makes this a nice winner right off the bat. As for stars - McGwire makes for a great pull for the time!


Out of 17 cards, 10 new set additions and two Blue Jays, makes this a really good pack - which shows below -but I am a little surprised that we get dupes in the same pack. I remember this happening at times with Upper Deck products at the time, but I don't remember Fleer having this issue that I ever saw. Now, doesn't mean it doesn't happen, but still a reminder of how collation was in the product in general back in the early 90s.

Yup - a one off winner for sure in the track of opening products this year, and I am not upset by that at all. Great pack!

5 comments:

  1. Definitely remember UD having issues with dupes... but like you pointed out... not Fleer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always liked that green border. Very unique shade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen a lot of people pan this design on the blogs over the years, but I've always liked it. In fact, I think I like it more even more now than I did when it was new.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has grown on me as well. Maybe it's the soft colour in contrast to 1991 Fleer and the bright yellow, but 1992 aged well.

      Delete