Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Not Great But Complete

 We don't get a ton of kids around for Halloween (yes, it's July and I am talking about Halloween). I believe it was last year - though that these are 2022 cards, maybe it was the year before - we bought 100 packs of Pokémon Trick or Trade for handing out. I picked them up at Costco and with 100 packs, figured my kids would like the leftovers, and I didn't know exactly what would be in them.

As it turned out, it's a 30 card set, and with 3 cards a pack, even after handing packs out, both kids opened packs to make a set each, and I was left with 32 packs. 

Do I need this Pokémon set? No. Do I care about it? No. Am I going to pen the packs and hopefully complete a set? Yes!


That's what they look like, and I will tell you - I did complete a set, and with 96 cards for a 30 card set, I sure would hope so. However, I only completed one, and gave the extras to my kids....but let's look at the set.


I know Pikachu has to be in a set like this because everyone knows Pikachu!

The Jack-o-lantern symbol is how you know the cards are from the set, and a bunch of the base cards are holo'd out which adds a nice touch especially to kids who will think them extra cool.



I am a bit surprised there isn't a little more balance to the different types of Pokemon, but I guess for a set that is really just to get cards to kids, it's a fine little set. I know the few kids that came by did like getting cards instead of candy, so that was cool.

As an "opening", this somewhat tanked which makes sense - no chase cards of any kinds, and way too many dupes given the small set, but at least it is a complete set!

2 comments:

  1. One of my students gave me a bunch of singles from this set. I think I still have them sitting in a drawer in my classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My youngest has a mild interest in the Pokemon cards so he knew about this but didn't have any drive to get any. Thanks for showing them off!

    ReplyDelete