Sunday, July 21, 2024

Walmart Power Hockey Cube

 Here we go with something I actually picked up within the last few months at Walmart.


Gone are the days when you could get a box of 14-16 assorted packs from a given sport for 20 dollars - man, I miss those products, especially wrestling, but here we have the closest thing for these days. I believe the box was $25 or $30 for the cards as mentioned, and I would expect the 50 cards to be nothing special, but let's see.



Part of the "get" from these, are a few packs for my unopened pack collection since I am missing a bunch of the newer stuff. Here we have a keeper with, well, one of each. I needed all of them, so just have a few 2022-23 MVP packs to open, which works as it's a set I will work on.

As for the singles...


Okay, not a super surprise that we get MVP set cards, but I will say, at least they are from the factory set, so not something I would get otherwise.


I do actually like the design front and back of the cards as well, so good marks there, a shame it is the factory set, so not looking to build out this one.


Stars and Leaf content does really well for making this box worthwhile too!



I doubt the three packs I open tomorrow will add greatly to the value of this box, but I will say, the packs and cards - not too shabby all considering, so I will take this outcome so far happily.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. Totally miss the days of affordable repacks.

    ReplyDelete