Friday, April 22, 2016

Being authentic

After my post yesterday, more sad news with the passing of Prince. I wasn't a huge fan, but my sister was, and he definitely had a massive influence on music and culture. Let's hope the next few days are quieter...

A pick up of a few really nice cards that I'll share from Listia...
Really enjoy Gose and hope he makes an impact in the bigs. A great card too - very nice. I enjoy the Gypsy Queen look generally, and with the autograph - very nice.

The Spring Break cards were a nice pick up, and actually 2 copies of the Bautista card were sent so twice as nice!

Making  dent in the 2007-08 SP Authentic hockey set today with the Santa Lot 20.

Highlights:

A nice couple Leafs from the set finally as I had none before this pull.

The rest
Keepers:

These bring my completion over 20% of the almost 200 card set. Have picked out a couple Trilogy cards before, but a couple more here. I like the backgrounf a bit better on the Trilogy versus SP authentic because at least they have some semblance of background instead of just the almost completely faded out background of SP Authentic.


Traders:

Hey - Michael Strahan before he replaced Regis on TV!



Summary (through 1840 cards):
Specific Accomplishments:
- Completed 2007-08 Upper Deck McDonald's Checklist Subset (6 cards)
Hockey Baseball Basketball Football Austin Powers ET Star Wars Rocky KISS Clue
Toronto 37 4
Inserts / Var Kept 79 3
Error 9 1
Keep 519 71
Doubles/Sell 173 12 370 257 226 8 5 2 3 1
Doubles Inserts / Var 15 12 33

No comments:

Post a Comment