Sunday, April 17, 2016

Lot o' Listia

A one off lot of cards that I picked up on Listia recently today. Worked out well since out of the 7 cards picked up, I actually needed 5. I picked the lot up simply because it had a buy it now of 3,333 credits which is less than 50 cents, and given they were all Jays, that was good enough for me.


Say what you will about the 1989 Donruss design - it stands out. I can only imaging if the coloured border went all the way around instead of the black on the sides.


I needed this Moseby for my Topps collection - being in Canada, I have more of the O Pee Chee set than I do the Topps.


Every Gruber card I see always reminds me of the triple play that wasn't during Game 3 of the 1992 World Series. Funny though, if there had been instant replay at the time, and the play called a triple play, I'm sure it would have been remembered, but would it have been as memorable?


Small role with the Jays but love how the Rookie Blue Jays foil actually scanned here - very nice.


Joltin' Joe extending his swing. Didn't like the 1992 Score cards because I find the colour stripe way too big and wasting space that could have been more picture, even just extending the picture used would have been nice.


Bit part long reliever for the Jays in 1991 - don't have much memory of Bob...


I can appreciate new cards, but as you can probably tell by my lack of following each and every new set that comes out, they are not the be all and end all to me. I get around to them in due course, and pick up cards as they come in trades, but don't run out to buy packs as soon as they are out - they just don't have a big draw to me. The 2015 Topps when I first saw it, was a bit too much of a departure in look, but I have come around to it and enjoy it more with time...and at this point, I like better than the smoky 2016 design.

In a different set of single card auctions, I was able to pick up some serial numbered gold Topps cards as follows

A few different sets covered but obvious why I picked up the couple Blue Jays cards. As for the others, they happened to go for cheap so I picked them up at a decent price.

To go into my unopened pack collection I picked up...

as I didn't have one from Ultra for 1991 (and there are two other pack variations of pitcher and runner I believe).

I went in for about 15,000 point on the following which I normally wouldn't do, but I thought in hand the card would be very nice (which it is):

though the scan is not that great...

Lastly, since I do this on occasion, I picked up a few Pokémon cards for my son. I am not really into it, other than playing with him and understanding enough to that regard - he's not six, and it is an easy way to help him with a collecting habit...


Next, a quick Magic pickup - I had one, but look to get 4 of each, and it was quite cheap...

Not a card I can see adding to my deck, but could be used in a group game...

Lastly, a few 1995 Parkhurst International Emeral Ice. I picked them up since they were parallel cards, but also because there is the one Leaf as well. They don;t scan as green here as they actually are, but you get the idea from the pictures...

Too dark here to read the names which are green on green, as is the whole background.

I picked up even more here, which include a Nedved Leaf card which is also an error card - his name is spelled Nedevd on the front, not that you can see that here...



That's it for today - have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment