With it being August, my wife and I went to the CNE (Canadian National Exhibition) in Toronto, and actually did it without thr kids. We don't go for the rides or games, but instead to get some Christmas shopping done. A great place to find unique shirts, artwork, and vendors with different products. There are usually a few card related vendors and I did pick up a couple things for myself for fun.
One vendors who sells Magic repack for $5 each, so I picked up a couple. They are probably as "good" as the Dollarama offerings.
A second had repack of sports cards in baggies but since you could see some of the cards, I'll save pictures for when I open them, but they are mostly high production years of baseball - but getting 50-100 cards for less than $1 - I'm in for $10.
As for the 2026 Lot, it may not quite be time to play hockey - though very close - but the 2026 Lot decided a smattering of hockey cards would be a good way to end the month, and I won't disagree!
The 50-60 cards today are all from the 90s, and most would likely be considered "junk wax" period cards, but that doesn't mean I don't need a bunch. All the cards above, and the scan below are good helpers to my collection. Most adding to slow set build (even Patrick Roy....unfortunately), but a couple Leaf cards below too.
I don't care that these sets may have been printed to oblivion, I mean, it makes it easier to still finish the sets now, but it was the sports - hockey and baseball - when I really watched and loved them most.
I forget sometimes that I am older than a number of NHL teams now, but Tampa Bay is one that I remember most in coming into existence. The new teams in the early 90s struggled to get to a solid position as teams - something the Golden Knights in recent years showed how far the process came in making new teams competitive more quickly.
It was a big deal adding the teams, and the cards made sure to have special subsets or inserts commemorating the teams.
For trades sake, feel free to check out the cards below in case there's anything you may want...these ones are all up for grabs....






Was excited to see a Game Boy purchase at first glance, since we don't see those pop up on card blogs very often. Excited to see what kind of cool stuff you pull from those sports card baggies.
ReplyDelete