Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Multiple threesomes

With these cards I am coming close to the first "completion" of any type from the Santa Lot of cards. Including these, I have 4 of the 6 2007-08 McDonald's 6 card checklist insert subset. Nothing big, but 4 of the 6 cards down, makes me hope the other two will be somewhere in the 14k cards still to go!

Highlights:

Based on the above, obviously those are two of the highlights, the third being another Leaf card from that same McDonald's set.

The rest
Keepers:

Didn't even notice until I scanned, but definitely a little Arnott heavy with three different cards of him. I was never really a fan of the Be A Player sets, and this is true with the 2006-07 incarnation as well as seen in the Steve Ott card. I can't really say specifically why, but each year there was always something off with the cards. Here I think it is the dead space - though less can be more at times, here I find less is just...less.

Traders:
 
I get what 2004-05 Ultra is going for with the rookies and the similar brown/orange look (nicest way I can think of for describing the colour). Were all the nice colours unavailable, having been used in the other base card full photos?

Summary (700 cards so far):
Hockey Baseball Basketball Football Austin Powers
Toronto 9 1      
Inserts / Variations Kept 31 2      
Error      
Keep 164 22      
Doubles/Sell 41 2 126 71 218
Doubles/Sell Inserts / Variations 4 5 5  

No comments:

Post a Comment