Sunday, February 21, 2016

Pack Attack - Diamonds are for....today atleast....

I figured I might as well go with a theme name on these - might as well give people a sense of what they're going to be reading before they click...so Pack Attack it is....

Another day for opening a random pack of hockey cards. Today we have a 1999-2000 Black Diamond pack. Again, I'd show the front, but it is quite the sticky mess. Although it does inform me there are 6 cards inside and to look for exciting single double and triple game-used cards. However looking at the back the odd of each are around 1 in 1,000 packs so....likely not happening here.

As for my collection of these cards - I have 5 before this, so will double the number of cards in the set (and hopefully without doubles - though with 120 base cards, you never know).


Strong start to the pack with a nice Brett Hull card. The design is not a favorite for Black Diamond as I like the later 00s designs much more than this one.






A nice Saku card - too bad he ruined his career playing for Montreal (says a jealous Toronto far...)



And finally...

Well, an insert I don't have and falling one in every four packs, so we will take this pack to be a positive. Won't be looking for this set at all, but would love to get the Leaf cards from it eventually for the Leaf collection if anyone is up for a trade...

No comments:

Post a Comment