Thursday, November 10, 2016

A little bit of everything

It's nice to have a cariety of collection interests to be able to hop between ones that you focus on for a bit of variety. It also helps to be able to get multiple items for your collection in one go. Today is such a nice day...

Highlights:

Quack, quack, quack...one of the mightiest ducks of them all, and in nice 1998 McDonalds form as well! A very young Paul Kariya - nice add, though only the 4th card from the set I have...

I liked Darcy in a Leaf uniform, and as my "collecting Leafs" rule is if they are a Leaf or shown in a Leaf uniform, this card still counts even if he is an Avalanche at this point. Grea new add as it wouldn't be one that would show up as a "Leaf" card in the set - I'd have to actually have seen the card to know I wanted it.

The rest
Keepers:

As regular readers know, two of the sets I am hoping to complete are 2005 Upper Deck Classics baseball and 2004-05 Legends Classics Upper Deck. Getting three adds between the two sets are great. As far as old photos go, I really like the Frank Crosetti batting practice pic.

Traders:

You will be sad to know the upperdeckkids.com site is no longer up and running. I had to check, the card is only 7 years past expired...you never know...a sprinkling of Ausitn Powers cards but nothing new to the set (not that I really care). Unfortunately the 2003-04 McDonalds Pacific card is a repeat when I only have a few, so bad luck there, but still nice to get one for trade if nothing else!

Through 4880 cards:
Specific Accomplishments:
- Complete 2003-04 SP Authentic Basketball (90 card pure base)
- 2 Complete 2007-08 UD McDonald's Hockey Checklist Subsets (6 cards)
- 1973-74 O-Pee-Chee Hockey #30 Bobby Orr (All-Star)
- 2004-05 Upper Deck Legends Classics Platinum Hockey #64 Marcel Dionne 06/10
- 2007-08 Topps 1957-58 Variations Basketball  #112 Kevin Durant (Rookie)
Hockey Baseball Basketball Football Austin Powers Other
Toronto 91 8        
Inserts / Var Kept 144 24        
Error 11 1        
Keep 1202 146        
Doubles/Sell 593 29 995 1191 242 22
Doubles Inserts / Var 57 1 60 63    

2 comments:

  1. I really like those Ice cards. I was given two of them last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are quite snazzy...the "see through" effect done right.

      Delete