Thursday, August 10, 2017

Quad Wars 1991 O Pee Chee Premier Baseball - Bottom Right

So to answer the question no one is asking, but I will pretend you are - did I get the George Brett card to complete the set...
...
...
...
nope!

So with two boxes plus, I still don't have a complete 132 card base set...crazy!

I did get a ton more Jays from this stack...



Yeah - that's it, just a disappointing outcome overall. The first stack was the best given in knocked off most the needs, but ending here on a sour note, let's get the sour taste out by doing a quick pick up from the local Value Village.

I picked up one of the hanging bags which was with the decks of cards - it had three items in it, and one I knew for sure was not a deck of cards. I figured it must be sealed because if they had opened it, they would have realized it wasn't a deck of playing cards. So, for $1.99 I picked up the bag. It included...

Not one but two 2013 Swing into Summer Safety sets, and both still wrapped. Definitely a good pickup for $2 - and a free thrown in desk of cards with yummy pizza on it, so whenever I use them (which will likely never happen), I will want to order pizza anyway.

Well, at least that softened the blow of not getting the complete set out of the box...

Okay, I am going to go get some pizza...


5 comments:

  1. That sucks that the Brett card eluded you. I'm sure it'll find its way to you someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Already worked on, so I think I have this one done and complete...even if it cost an extra stamp in postage to get the card in a quick trade....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking I want to get the 1991 OPC Premier. Two Fire safety sets??? Neat! Wish I could find things like that at VV here..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I gather none of the staff are card collectors or they would have been nabbed.

      Delete
    2. In a way it's discouraging being where I am.. Found a number of ads on Kijiji that would be cool if I was closer to them..

      Delete