Monday, November 13, 2017

Game Used Koivu

First, want to take on a bigger set and update for the Thanksgiving cards from my sister. Today, 1989 Donruss. Before getting into these, I am at about 35% done so hoping after going through this I may be over 80%...and even better, if I can get some of the nice Diamond Kings I am missing, or Bonus MVP inserts.

Just to make a couple statements on condition of these cards. There was obviously some exposure to moist-ish conditions which I presume can happen if left in or close to the attic. Not necessarily that water was on the cards, because very few have any damage that would suggest that. What I have noticed is;
- Upper Deck does poorly as many of the 1990 and 1991 Upper Deck cards simply split front/back and fell apart
- Donruss sets have done very well with very little lost
Fleer 1993 - I have some bricks to separate, sure some cards will be lost, but once split apart, they are almost always fine
- Topps and Bowman generally get quite the bent in some of the cards, which means I have put those aside to go

So with the cards I needed for the set, just up to about 73%, lots of collection adds though...



Plenty of Jays..


A few error cards...




I wish I had both of these, the Bonus MVP cards and Diamond Kings as complete sets here to scan as they look so good scanned together, or even just in pages.

May not have gotten as far as I would have liked on the set, but with the abundance of inserts, I won't complain about this one at all.

Santa Lot Highlight:

Would have been nicer to get a game used patch of some kind, but having just a few cards from this set, these adds are not too bad.

The rest
Keepers:

Also nice to get another A&G card (here from 2006). I really like the designs usually, but I like this one especially.

Traders:


A couple inserts here including a Generation Now and Prince Fielder. Actually with the Fielder card - his resemblance to his dad is pretty spot on, home run swing and all.

That's it for another day!

Through 9920 cards:
Specific Accomplishments:
- Complete 2003-04 SP Authentic Basketball (90 card pure base)
- Complete 2005 Upper Deck Classics (100 card pure base)
- 3 Complete 2007-08 UD McDonald's Hockey Checklist Subsets (6 cards)
- 1973-74 O-Pee-Chee Hockey #30 Bobby Orr (All-Star)
- 2004-05 Upper Deck Legends Classics Platinum #64 Marcel Dionne Platinum 06/10
- 2007-08 Topps Base and 1957-58 Variations Basketball  #112 Kevin Durant (Rookie)
- 2009-10 Topps #321 Stephen Curry (Rookie)
Hockey Baseball Basketball Football Austin Powers Other
Toronto 159 19
Inserts / Var Kept 337 48
Error 16 2
Keep 1939 301
Doubles/Sell 1583 226 1519 2979 298 37
Doubles Inserts / Var 119 4 123 211

No comments:

Post a Comment