Sunday, March 17, 2024

Baseball Bunch

 As we get into the last 1,000 cards or so of the COVID lot, we just end up with a lot of random baseball / hcokey cards, so not uch of a theme sometimes, but...baseball!


I have never seen these Legends sticker/cards before which are a multi-sport release as Martina sneaks into this otherwise baseball post. Martina was at the end of her great career when I was watching Tennis as a kid. I remember being 10-13 year sold and watching as much of Wimbledon each year as I possibly could. I did the same with soccer World Cups in the 90s too - man I binged some sport events something good as a kid. Lucky to get to watch half a baseball game these days.


Not a lot of keepers for me in the bunch, but a few different set additions with 1992 Triple Play, Pinnacle, and Studio cards above.


Always nice to get a Cliff Floyd sighting - and I have a perfect place to send him. Same with the couple Expos today.


Escobar - a lone Jays addition today, but just shows there is still so good Toronto cards to pull from the lot. Happy that he's a new one for my collection too. I definitely never saw much Stadium Club in the wild in the 90s, but have done a decent job in trading and getting the Jays from some of the sets at least.


This ad insert kind of blows my mind. In the late 90s, you could join the Collector's C;ub for $25 US and would end up getting a BOX of Upper Deck cards? $25 will get you a baseball blaster these days....darn you price increases and inflation!


The Upper Deck and Ultra designs are very millennium looking, but not for me if anyone is up for a trade!

No comments:

Post a Comment