Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Scratch The Surface

 Back with some more COVID lot cards today, and a few different hockey sets to look at.


1995-96 Bowman brings my only keeper today as Stojanov is an uncorrected error card, so cool on that front, but nothing else today, and worst of all...


Whether retail or hobby, as the foil colour may be, the 1996-97 Pinnacle cards are all packing material. I find these cards just tend to get stuck together enough that, pulling them apart leaves damage on the cards - more noticeable on the back. Okay, packing material is fine and all, but not what I was looking for of course. It does stop me from even considering either set for "keeps" as I can't trust getting decent enough quality in the cards.


A shame I can't even really trade them since we have a few solid stars in the bunch. Oh well, at least the next ones were fine...

May not be my set to collect, but at least the cards are nice quality and good card stock.2001-02 Sp Authentic - and Steve Sullivan is almost a Leaf here, he left the team not too long before.

1 comment:

  1. I opened a fair share of 1996-97 Pinnacle when it came out. It's a shame they stick together, because there's some nice photography used for that set.

    ReplyDelete