Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Not Junk Hockey

 A round of 90s hockey cards which some may call junk, but I prefer overproduced...and that still has a couple pick ups for me, so why complain?


I will say, I have seen more than enough 1990-91 Bowman hockey, and have a complete set, and would be fine not seeing again for a good long while.


Here is why it's important to look at every card in a lot. I mean, I could see missing it going through, but that Stadium Club error card with the missed foil for Adam Graves is great! Is it worth big bucks? Not at all, but the errors are something I really enjoy collecting, and even if just missed foil, glad to spot it here. May not need all the extra Graves 1991-92 Pro Set cards, but an error....absolutely!


When I think early Young Gun cards, this is the design I think. Back then though, I don't remember it being the big deal it is now - it was just a subset in the base set for Upper Deck products. Might be a little harder to get (well - kind of, but again, mass production made any kind of "hard to get" cards, not so hard to get. A couple keepers for me given I am collecting the different hologram variations, but that's it for this one!

5 comments:

  1. Under your Baseball heading at the bottom, it says Donruus instead of Donruss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol - has been for a long while, I'd feel bad changing it...

      Delete
  2. 1990-91 was a great year for hockey products. I absolutely love the Pro Set, Upper Deck, and OPC Premier designs. Plus that rookie card class was pretty darn impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a cool error card for Graves. Nowadays people pay good money for cards from Topps Heritage that do that on purpose as a short print gimmick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - don't get me started on some of the new day "gimmicks"......

      Delete