Tuesday, June 14, 2016

2007-08 Upper Deck Leafs and some McDs

I picked up another 6 McDonald cards off Listia and got...

Only one repeat - the Sundin card - rest are new to me, which is great, and from two of the sets I really like - the 2003-04 which is "die cut" and 1997-98 Ice. Very nice pick ups all around.

Well - can't get more direct on what I found in the Santa Lot 20 today...

Highlights:

At this point Antropov had been a Leaf his whole 7 year career whereas Blake was just starting with Toronto after 8 years between the Kinds and Islanders. Blake was coming off his best offensive year to date with 40 goals. If only the Leafs were able to succeed as a team during this period...

The rest
Keepers:

A few more keepers for the 2007-08 Upper Deck set best of which would be Khabibulin in my opinion - was one of the best in the league at his high point.

Traders:

I'm trying to tell if Heap is keeping to the addage of keeping your eye on the ball, or if there is a bit too much fear of possibly dropping it in his look...

Through 2660 cards
Specific Accomplishments:
- Completed 2007-08 Upper Deck McDonald's Checklist Subset (6 cards)
Hockey Baseball Basketball Football Austin Powers ET Star Wars Rocky KISS Clue
Toronto 50 5
Inserts / Var Kept 91 4
Error 11 1
Keep 726 88
Doubles/Sell 244 14 501 597 228 8 5 2 3 1
Doubles Inserts / Var 18 25 38

2 comments:

  1. The 1997-98 Ice McDonald's set takes me back - I love it. I have some intentions on picking up a few McDonald's sets from back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almost all McDonalds sets I recall were unique enough and had something special to remember them by - obvious with the Ice cards, the die cuts from 2003-04 - even the earlier, as simple as the McDonalds symbol foil marking on the early 90s set.

      Delete