Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Baseball and Belgian Dip

I know - odd title...you'll see where it comes in soon....

First, another 20 baseball cards from Listia...

Highlights:

I seem to be getting a Rance in every 20 off of Listia - not that I am complaining though.

The rest
Keepers:

A wide number of years in the 80s covered here, lots of different designs. I like the 85 Topps, and generally the Topps designs through the 80s, especially compared to Fleer. I definitely dislike some of the border colour of Fleer cards through the early 80s. Also, I think Al beats Dan in the mustache category.

Traders:

I was hoping I would need some of the 1989 Topps cards, but no luck. Slowly moving that set along, but still about 100 cards I believe to go.

Highlights for the Santa Lot 20 today;

The All World Team is another one of these inserts within a base set - about the last 50 cards or so. A different design for the cards, a bit busier and of course pictures highlight the all star uniforms. Also able to get another Leaf from the set in Gary Roberts. Toronto was not his best stop,. but he had a fairly successful few years in Toronto regardless.

The rest
Keepers:

A number of additional new SP Authentic 2004-05 cards which are much appreciated.

Traders:


And there is the Belgian Dip...at least it is an Austin Powers card that I didn't have yet...otherwise, the only other interesting item is the Green 2008 Donruss Threads card as it is off enough that across the top is a blank line (slight misprint).

Through 2780 Cards
Specific Accomplishments:
- Completed 2007-08 Upper Deck McDonald's Checklist Subset (6 cards)
Hockey Baseball Basketball Football Austin Powers ET Star Wars Rocky KISS Clue
Toronto 53 5
Inserts / Var Kept 91 4
Error 11 1
Keep 761 88
Doubles/Sell 260 15 511 645 231 8 5 2 3 1
Doubles Inserts / Var 19 28 38

No comments:

Post a Comment