Sunday, May 2, 2021

1991-92 Upper Deck Hockey

 Today, fingers crossed, will start the end of my completing the 1991-92 Upper Deck hockey set. I have a good bunch of the set already, including a high number 200 card box set, and there looks to be a near complete set here, so I should be good over the next number of days, to finish off the base set.

That said, I am collecting both holograms (there is an Upper Deck logo version and an Upper Deck text version), and it is the text version I am about 2/3 of the way compete on.

So, the text version only exists on the 1-500 base set, while the logo version is on 1-700. I'll end up eventually maybe getting both completed, but from what I see, we are looking at text hologram cards here.

I am going to go through the cards by count, 1-100 today, 101-200 tomorrow, etc, and just show the additions here.

It is an iconic set, as I find the 1990-91 through 1992-93 Upper Deck designs, and no need to show every card here as we go...besides, I don't mind going a bit faster through thinking I am going to be looking at a complete set for myself here!






From the set padding with Russian stars, to the team checklists with the artistic Collector's Choice labelling, solid designs of the time.

I needed a fair number of cards from the first 100 as you can see above, but I am now 100 of 100 for the text hologram version...only 400 more to go!


As I mentioned the other day, I needed to catch up on a couple April items received, and here is the other, the PWE from Ken.


SO many different things to love about these. I mean, I am a sucked for shiny things and die cut cards, so yay at these. Pacific being Pacific with Juan - very different yet very 90s. The Legacy Diamond design which people tend to either love or hate, and the 2 Blue Jays in the Cut To The Chase insert set from 2013 Topps.



We also get a few gold cards, which is what Ken first reached out about, though not these specifically. They do raise on question I haven't looked at, but maybe someone knows...the 1994 Topps Archives Gold parallels have the back in different directions...was this some difference (retail versus hobby or packs versus set?).

Many thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Love that 1991-92 UD hockey set. I sure opened up a ton of that stuff back in the day.

    ReplyDelete