Monday, November 18, 2019

This pack is a Mitch

A fifteen card hockey pack for a dollar from the Dollarama. With the reduction in sets I am chasing now, I will only pick these up if there is a Leaf or insert I can see on the top or bottom, so I know there is something for me.

This one was all about a newer Mitch Marner card from Upper Deck flagship.



I may not be a huge fan of the design of the set, but that pic with the blue lighting against the white bottom design of the card - love it. Again, a non-action shot that, done right, just looks great.

Only two other cards that fit the collection otherwise...



This one towards the 1991-92 Upper Deck flagship set, and...



A nice Parkhurst parallel (Emerald Green) circa 1992-93. I like the Emerald Green when the difference is just the Parkhurst logo - subtle, but doesn't mess with the card as a whole.

Oh, and the trade bait...



Upper Deck Classic Portraits. I had never heard of the set at all before seeing this card. This is the 2003-04 design which, doesn't scan the best, but is still a bit snazzy. I will need to keep an eye out for the Leafs from the set as I'd like to get a few cards for keeps with the design.

A couple quick one offs from Listia to tack on for today's post...



Both are dupes I keep (again, 4 of each is my limit since that is what you can put in a deck generally). The hood isn't too bad for the mana cost,and the ominous artwork fits nicely.

1 comment: