Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Interesting But Not Interested

 Saw a few cards from this set yesterday, and a lot more today...


At 570 cards as a set, it's a decent sized flagship set - not quite O Pee Chee size, but big enough coming from the main Upper Deck set. If I see a bunch more, I may be enticed to collect, but as a set, the design and look - it just doesn't do much for me.


My best guess is the vertical names and design on the front, as well as the back as seen below. I like my cards to be upright all over, not having the text stand upright on top of itself.


The photography is solid as expected for the flagship set.


So much so, they gave you plenty of photo on the back, but I don't like what you have to give up with less on the stats and write up, which are then scrunched sideways up the left.


Neil WIlkinson's look is pretty much how I feel about the set. Definitely has some good, but just some aspects that drive me not to care. Maybe I am letting it bother me too much. I mean, if I was handed 500 of the 570 cards for the base set, I'd feel almost obligated to try and finish it, but otherwise...

not interested.

2 comments:

  1. My first hockey cards were from that set. It took me over 10 years to complete the base set.

    ReplyDelete