Thursday, August 1, 2024

A Dollarama 15

An update first to my wrestling show issue (being reseated and taken well away from the seats that were purchased to be on the superstar entranceway). I didn't hear back from WWE on my first three emails, all from my personal email address, so tried sending again from my work email as I know at times my home email service provider emails can have issue being received as Cogeco at times get blocked. I get a response same day from WWE as soon as I did that apologizing and noting none of my other emails had been received. The end resolution is that I was told I would get 2 complimentary tickets to the next Raw or Smackdown show I would like to go to. Since I won't be travelling to do so, it'll be in a year likely, when I expect WWE is next through the area, and hopefully it will be for a Raw or Smackdown so I can get the comp tickets. Is it a fair resolution? I think it is as fair as I can expect it to be. I doubt it will be for tickets exactly where we were trying to get this time, but only time will tell that part, but at least they are trying to make things as right as possible. When the time comes, I'll post about exactly what the comp tickets end up being, but I'd gather they would be middling seats - still not the experience we missed, but getting to go to 2 shows instead of a single one is a benefit to offset it I guess.

As for cards today, a quick opening with one of the old 15 card packs from Dollarama. These have since been moved to only 12 cards for the same price, but I still have a couple more of these left.


I picked up this one because I figured I would either need the Bruins card or be able to pass it along to Jeff for his collection, but let's see what else we have and if we do well on this repack.


No Leaf content in the first 9 cards, but I do need a couple cards for the set build between Esa, Ron and Derek Roy, so that's a bit above what I usually get to keep out of these repacks.

Well, that's a great end - two Leaf cards and I did end up needing the Carlo card. Not a fan of getting one, let alone two 1990-91 Bowman cards, but can't win them all, and it's a small complaint for a really good little repack.


Not too bad at all - 4th best opening I've had this year with the surprisingly good turn out for Leafs and set helpers.

1 comment: