Monday, August 5, 2024

One Card

 Ever buy a pack, a blaster, or even a box of cards in an attempt to get a single card?

Well, with the blaster box I am starting today, now I have.


2017 WWE Topps includes a base set that I have 99% complete. I haven't been able to finish the set and hate the idea of having to spend a fee bucks to buy and ship a single card. For some reason though, it feels better spending $25 and getting a blaster which MIGHT have the card instead.

I am missing a bunch of inserts, and the relocated card is so thing as well, so there should be a few things here for me, but just one base I really want. It just so happens to be some guy people probably heard about - The Rock.


Of real annoyance, I did get the Rock card I needed in an earlier blaster, but it's the bronze parallel.

Either way, we have some wrestling to share and talk about so let's get to the first pack for the rest of the post today.


Wow - all NXT and alumni base cards for the pack. To say Liv was different back then as a character and has evolved would be a massive understatement. All positive growth in finding herself as a wrestler, but a lot of growth. Makes sense I guess being 7-8 years now....wow!

Unfortunately a duoe for one of the inserts, but one new card for me in this pack...


The soon to be retired Cena with one of the tribute cards which appear every 6 packs.

Appreciate, yet again, the company man Cena is with his, essentially, 2025 retirement tour announced. I expect what we will see is Cena look for a last title won to one up the official Flair number of title reigns of 16, and the arc be - enter the Royal Rumble, end up falling short, having to battle uphill to get into the elimination chamber match and win to get a title shot, win his Wrestlemania match, have a successful defense or two and then drop the title by the end of the year. I'd say he would lose at SummerSlam but that would be too short, so more likely Survivor Series. Heck, if they can wiggle it, have Cena eliminated from the Rumble by shenanigans in some way from the champ he beats at Wrestlemania.

As for who that champ would be - as Roman I expect will be busy with Rock, it could be Cody but not sure the face versus face dynamic would work, so I'd guess whoever holds the other belt.

Anyway, I distress...another pack tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment