Monday, August 19, 2024

Why I Bought This

Getting into a second pack of Brothers' War from the Gift Bundle I bought a couple years ago, this is why I bought them. With the high level of artifact cards in a pack, the retro inserts, just definitely fun being able to get multiple cards in a pack instead of just one, if I am lucky. We start with the not so keeper ones... 


I am not big into the "lore" and stories behind Magic The Gathering, so do not pretend to know the history or story arcs of the different characters, but I know Urza is an important figure in relation to artifact cards, so a shame it's a blue card here, but so be it.


The rare in this pack, Harbin, isn't a big deal and is a half dollar card now. Actually, the obliterating bolt card goes for $1.50 in this nice foil pattern.

We do have three more keepers, even if combined, they would have only cost about a dollar. Another (different back) Powerstone token, a Sigil of Valor for my second such card, and second Depth-Charge Colossus. I love my big baddie artifact cards and Depth-Charge fits in there just right. I'd still prefer the Colossus of Sardia who is trample but pays 9 to untap since this one doesn't have trample (trample damage can get through even when a creature is blocked, versus non-trample means no damage gets through even if the defense of a blocker is only say 1).

Another win of a pack though - here's hoping for another tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment