Friday, August 2, 2024

A Repack of Packs

 On one of my orders from Pastime Sports (www.pastimesports.ca), I picked u0p a repack of packs for $6.99. You didn't know what packs you were going to get, but you were going to get 5 packs, so I figured it would all be "junk" era stuff.


I will say that of the five packs, I did need the 1992 O Pee Chee and 1991 Studio packs for my unopened pack collection, so it was worth the pick up. These bring me up to a total of 257 unopened baseball card packs. There are 173 different sets covered, as some have different series, or even different packs for sets which is why the difference.

That leaves us with three packs to rip...so let's start with one today, 1001 O Pee Chee Premier, a set I have completed both as a base set and an additional team set, so just looking for extra Jays content, or for anything cool from the set.

Barry Bonds would have been a good pull at the time and Andre Dawson is a personal favourite as well.

We get a Pat Tabler who - given the 132 card size of the set, you know is in there for Jays content because I'm not sure he would be qualified otherwise to be in such a small set where each team should have three or four guys represented (while Toronto and Montreal actually have 15 and 12 respectively).

A good enough start for this one, it may well be worth the price...though I probably could have bought the packs individually from them for about a huck cheaper.

3 comments:

  1. A couple HOFers, a Bonds, and some Can-con ain't bad for this pack. I bet you'll do better with these than I did with the repack I just picked up for about the same price - 50 commons (mostly from 1986-93) plus one pack of 2022 Topps Opening Day. Highlight of that pack was a Wander Franco RC. Yay :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the price they're selling them for, these folks must be making a killing on these repack lots.

    ReplyDelete