Monday, August 26, 2024

The Trade That wax_house Built

 Another TCDB trade to share, this one with user wax_house. This trade went fine, but for the first time in 10 years, I have had a couple recent trades go awry, but to no fault of myself or the trade partner. I had one envelope from me to the recipient, go missing. I just sent other needs instead and was easily settled. I also had an envelope I sent got mauled by the US mail system. Again, it was easily resolved and the recipient got the mail in one of those US mail "sorry we messed it up" envelopes, so again, not ideal, but resolved. I also had one international package received with a couple bangs, but nothing that ruined the trade or cards, but more beat up than a package really should be.

I am probably going to reduce my trading a little bit to see if this is the new norm and try and just focus on bigger trades where boxes are going each way. It's more economical anyway.

That all said - on to some cards!


In one swoop, I get 6 of the 7 Leaf cards from 1996-97 Playoff One on One Challenge set. The couple Topps cards in the bottom row have the nice text showing why these are Leaf cards, and THomas brings another team set to a single need remaining. I should really do a hunt for some of these "one card left" Leaf base sets, but I am not there yet.


As you can see, the bulk of the trade helped on a set build with 2001-02 Upper Deck Victory which is now down to about 32 cards left on the 440 card set - not too shabby and most of the way from that first box of cards I picked up for this set.

Big thanks again to wax_house, as well as everyone else I have been able to trade with over the years...where ever they are in the world (hint - overseas trade share tomorrow).

No comments:

Post a Comment