Saturday, August 3, 2024

Time For The Club

 Continuing through the Pastime repack of unopened packs of baseball cards, we next have Series 2 of 1992 Stadium Club. I am collecting this set slowly, so there was hope of picking up some keepers. I don't care what printing variation - there are two versions of each card in the base set, differing based on the letter code in the copyright line on the back.


Surprisingly, no luck in the first bunch, though not a Jay, but at least there was an Expo I can easily re-home.

Not until the last card do I find something to keep - and I am not including the advertising insert, I am referring to Ryne. The Members Choice subset has flashier foiling which looks nice, and Ryne is a personal fave, so excellent card all around.

Before leaving this pack though, and since I mentioned variations, the ad insert has 2 variations as well. One has the line above "LIMITED EDITION..." which is highlighted, also highlighted, and this version where there isn't the additional highlight. I have extras of both if anyone is that particular about their sets!

2 comments:

  1. That Lance Johnson card is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great view and use of a horizontal card for framing.

      Delete