Wednesday, August 7, 2024

When It Was A Thing

 I don't miss the Diva title. I get why they did it, but man, I wish they never did. It was such a step back from where women's wrestling appeared to be going with Trish and Lita.

First though, base dupes from 2017 Topps...


Three Hall of Famers and three....not. always enjoy a good Foley card!

Sure, the card is a keeper, but the Bella twins epitomize the Diva title. I will say, they both improved in the ring, and deserve credit for growing enough to hold up okay by time they left - but they were the Diva title - good looking, entertainment driven talent and not "wrestlers" in the sense of being mat technicians.

It worked for the time, but I personally much prefer the wrestling of the last 5-7 years where more women than not, look like they can hang with the men.

I think the men's roster in WWE is stronger overall, but most of the women hold their own, and there are some bright stars who will be amazing with more growth like Jade Cargill, Bianca Belair and Miss Tiffy Time too.

No comments:

Post a Comment