Sunday, August 4, 2024

Seeing Double

 Here we are with the final pack from the Pastime Sports Repack of 5 baseball card packs to see how we end this one, and it's the contents of a 1993 O Pee Chee Premier pack.


Yes - the first two cards right out of the pack are identical cards of Jose Lind. I mean, I'd be thrilled with this kind of lack of collation if they were both copies of any Jay, even Dick Schofield, but still a bit disturbing that they are back to back in the pack.

The one per pack insert of the star performer was a new one to keep for me with Pat Listach, who is also not a name that makes you scream star performer.

Nice to see a Cal Ripken card - best player of the bunch today, and an Expos card to pass along, but that wraps this one up.


Hard for this repack to do too well considering the packs involved. I mean, unless I get a pack that is half Jays, these aren't going to crack the top 5 openings I do this year. Next up - a blaster box I purchased looking for one card - yes a base card - but one card to complete a set.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the 93 OPC Premier.. I don't know why it is that some sets that improved over time were progressively harder to find. 93 is miles ahead of 91 and 92 Premier. 93 and 94 Triple Play are the same situation over 92...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For Triple Play, the abominations of the early 2010s I think make people forget that there were a couple decent sets of it in the early 90s.

      Delete