Wednesday, March 1, 2023

The Grind

 Well, start of March, and happily this busy season for me so far, has been improved over the last couple of years. Our staffing in the tax department is better than it has been in a number of years, so I am busy, but not yet worked an 80+ hour week. I am hoping I can actually get a day off each weekend in March, whereas last year I worked all 31 days (actually every day in April too except one). The burn out from last year has been bad enough I knew I couldn't do anything like it again this year, and work has been very appreciative and understanding.

Grinding at work is one thing, another is grinding through a set. If it's one you enjoy, the collective grind of building a set is awesomely fun, and that's what we have today from the COVID lot.


1993 Topps is probably now considered a classic design and has shown up in recent sets given Topps liking to use throwback designs in certain products. Funny seeing them presented that way and knowing the original design. It's been that way for a number of years, but I still find it odd knowing other younger collectors don't remember the originals.

It is a set I am backburner building, and as it turns out, all keepers in the small pile today...




Personal fave player of the bunch has to be Andres shown here after his run with the Expos.



1 comment:

  1. Ah, 1993 Topps. I have the factory set so I haven't seen most of these singles in a long time. I miss it. Great memories.

    ReplyDelete