Friday, September 22, 2023

Jeff's 90s Upper Deck Hockey

 Rather than sharing all of the cards from each of the Upper Deck sets, here's a brief smattering of cards from each. I have updating the trade list in TCDB if anyone wants to take a look for any cards you need, but let's look at the early 90s Upper Deck designs.


1990-91 Upper Deck is where we start, and has a classic design that holds up well. Clear name, good border and team logo with the name clear as well. The cards are a sharp design and a good start to the 90s.


1991-92 Upper Deck was a tweak to the design, but kept similar with the fronts keeping the name clear across the top, team names across the bottom, but the focus on the 75 year anniversary taking up the team logo spot. Oh, and here some of the art inserts which were are very well fone and memorable.


1992-93 Upper Deck had a slight move with the name on the front, and the white text on black line worked well to standout, with team accent colours and logo puck. Of the years, I think this is my favourtie design.


1993-94 Upper Deck focused more on having the team colour border, and the name being in white, in some, doesn't stand out as much. Might just be my eyesight, but maybe not. I think the photo work from 1992-93 and 1993-94 are a bit better than the earlier years too.

Overall, I did need a bunch of the cards for my work on those two sets as well, but plenty from each year on the trade list now!

A separate share today - I don't usually do single card trades, but a quick add to my 1978 O Pee Chee set build...

melamathman at TCDB was nice enough to offer up Reggie - and I couldn't say no, even if just a card for card trade. May not be perfect condition, but good for me!

1 comment:

  1. I wished Upper Deck would have stayed with the white borders - they have been gone for 30 years now.

    ReplyDelete