Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Do We Need This?

 More 2020-21 Extended Upper Deck hockey cards today, and more question on whether they did try to colour coordinate.


I mean, most of these definitely look like some work was done to pick photos with complimentary background colours, and honestly, it works well. Second back in and out of the 26 cards just a couple duplicates so that works out well.



The last couple here are the dupes - so figured it works to show the backs. When there is all that empty space I don't know why they can't just show full stats or at least more years and push the write up down further. I know, it may take some work to do, but better use than to just leave blank space. I can't complain too much these days as 5 years is more than a number of sets do.

Winners from the pack today...

With 26 cards a pack, would figure we get a Leaf a pack (I haven't looked at the actual distribution of cards in the set, but just based on number of teams, that seems reasonable, add in the All-Star subset and probably makes it more likely).

The Boeser card makes me feel old though. I mean, we are pulling retro designs from what was about 15 years at the time. Not long enough! I mean, It's not 30, 40 or 50 years ago, it's just 15. Maybe it's just me but I feel 20 years is about the mark to bring back designs, anything less and I just feel like - who cares, let me just collect the original set if I want to. Then again, it's a big part of the Archives and Heritage set draws, but generally those deal with older sets.

A solid enough second pack though - even if it makes me feel a bit old.

3 comments:

  1. I think the matching color backgrounds is likely due to the tarps they placed over the seats during covid empty arena era.

    ReplyDelete