Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Shooting Blanks

Just a few days of thanking the Minnow left...but still plenty of goodies!


I'm not going to scan the additional 1990-91 Upper Deck Leafs - though they came aplenty, and actually completed the team set and then some! I will share these 1990-91 Bowman as these filled in the holes for that team set to sit on top of the complete Bowman set that I have.


I will show these few 1990-91 Pro Set error card Leafs. There were others as well, but again, just figured I'd show the errors - my favourite is the Bester and misspelled first name on the front. Atleast these are all for keeps, unlike the Santa Lot today...

As said in the title, getting nothing for keeps, but also, a lot of basketball today.

Highlight:

The best card of the 20 to me though, is the Joe Montana insert. I've mentioned before my like for Montana - I was a casual fan who latched onto the Montana-Rice 49ers combo. Never followed religiously, but did enjoy the highlights and cheer them.

The rest
Traders:

With all of the Ultra cards, the good is there were a few new to me, so we continue to slowly work on the set. Interesting that the Willie Green seems to have a defect in the coating - there is a definite line across the card that goes through the first name. Wonder how much of a "thing" that is in the set, though this is the first one I remember seeing. Interesting with these cards together - the Divac and Webber cards look pretty similar.

Add on to that, we may be working on another trader set for the 2007-08 Three Star Checklist insert set...only one or two more to go for it.

Through 6660 cards:
Specific Accomplishments:
- Complete 2003-04 SP Authentic Basketball (90 card pure base)
- 3 Complete 2007-08 UD McDonald's Hockey Checklist Subsets (6 cards)
- 1973-74 O-Pee-Chee Hockey #30 Bobby Orr (All-Star)
- 2004-05 Upper Deck Legends Classics Platinum #64 Marcel Dionne Platinum 06/10
- 2007-08 Topps 1957-58 Variations Basketball  #112 Kevin Durant (Rookie)
Hockey Baseball Basketball Football Austin Powers Other
Toronto 109 12
Inserts / Var Kept 219 28
Error 15 2
Keep 1413 207
Doubles/Sell 864 116 1158 1960 254 26
Doubles Inserts / Var 77 1 93 106

4 comments:

  1. I can't see anything on the Willie Green scan but lines in the foil is very common.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - couldn't get it scan and stand out - should have done it by photo. I have seen it a couple times with foil.

      Delete
  2. I'm sure you realize that the 1991 UD Howie Long card has two Hall of Fame players on it. That is George Brett sitting with him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In all honesty - for some reason it didn't register - lol.

      Delete