Friday, April 21, 2017

Apparently I don't have to get anything...part 2!

But there is a highlight!

Yes - a silver lining...a glimmer of hope...

Highlights:


So, although there is nothing I care to keep that we are looking at today, there are some football inserts from 2009 Donruss Threads. Between the two sets, I like the Century Legends. I am a sucker for a quality San Fran QB..or Steve Young (just kidding). I came around on Steve Young before he ended his time in San Fran. I held it against him for trying to replace Montana (which of course was impossible). He ended up with a decent career I guess considering he was a first ballot Hall of Famer.

The century stars are fine and well, and have good star quality players, but from a design standpoint, the horizontal use loses a bit to me on these cards.

The rest
Traders:


Well, since the one error card which we saw from 2004-05 Ultra Basketball - I now look a lot closer at the Ultra cards I am pulling. For example, looking at all of the cards today, I can clearly see the foil stamping missing its mark by varying degrees.
- Even so slightly low on Reggie Miller
- Obviously high on Nene
- Obviously low on Jaric
- A little to the right on Blount
- Slightly right on Diaw as well...and Grant
- A bit high on Johnson

Dangit...now that I noticed it, every time I see one of these cards, and it isn't right on, it's going to irritate me....blast you Fleer and you failed foil stamping ability!

So I am not going to count these slight misses as errors - though I am tempted if they are well off (I have not idea how to quantify "way" in this situation). If it is missed completely - obvious error card, if it is stamped just a tweak off like these, I'd live with it just being lazy quality control I guess...thoughts?

Through 7600 cards:
Specific Accomplishments:
- Complete 2003-04 SP Authentic Basketball (90 card pure base)
- Complete 2005 Upper Deck Classics (100 card pure base)
- 3 Complete 2007-08 UD McDonald's Hockey Checklist Subsets (6 cards)
- 1973-74 O-Pee-Chee Hockey #30 Bobby Orr (All-Star)
- 2004-05 Upper Deck Legends Classics Platinum #64 Marcel Dionne Platinum 06/10
- 2007-08 Topps 1957-58 Variations Basketball  #112 Kevin Durant (Rookie)
Hockey Baseball Basketball Football Austin Powers Other
Toronto 120 14        
Inserts / Var Kept 279 30        
Error 15 2        
Keep 1550 226        
Doubles/Sell 1065 146 1268 2213 261 27
Doubles Inserts / Var 90 1 97 196    

No comments:

Post a Comment